Are you searching for the best auto insurance company in America? AAA Insurance Auto is here for you.
There are plethora of automobile insurance companies in America but when it comes for the best, AAA will always be called. The American Automobile Association is a federation of motor clubs throughout North America. AAA is a privately owned not-for-profit national member association and service organization with over 60 million members in the United States and Canada.
Each AAA club is an independent, not-for-profit organization, chartered and incorporated in its own state and controlled by its own Board of Directors. In order to be affiliated with AAA, each club provides certain standard services to its own members, as well as members of other AAA clubs. The individual club owns the territory in which it resides, and membership is based on residence. Exact dues and services vary slightly between clubs.
Founded in 1902, the AAA Insurance company is rated as the best auto insurance company in America according to the Forbes. The rating was based on the result gotten from Forbes partnership with Statista in surveying more than 16,000 customers and getting their feedbacks on different insurance companies performance across eight metrics including overall satisfaction and whether they would recommend them to family and friends. Forbes also evaluated five different subdimensions which include: financial advice; transparency; customer service; price/performance ratio; and damage/benefit ratio.
AAA Benefits for Members Traveling Overseas
If you register with AAA Insurance Auto, you shall be issued with an International Drivers Permit (IDP) before traveling overseas. Although many countries do not recognize U.S. driver’s licenses, most countries accept an International Driving Permit (IDP). The International Driving Permit is honored in more than 150 countries outside the U.S. The permit functions as an official translation of a U.S. driver’s license into 10 foreign languages. Article 24 of the United Nations Convention on Road Traffic (1949) authorizes the U.S. Department of State to empower certain organizations to issue the International Driving Permit (IDP) to those who hold valid U.S. driver’s licenses. However, these licenses are not intended to replace valid U.S. state licenses, they should only be used as a supplement to a valid license. The IDPs are not valid in an individual’s country of residence.
Emergency Roadside Assistance for AAA International Club Members visiting the United States
If visiting for 90 days or less, you are entitled to the following Basic Emergency Roadside Assistance:
- Provision of a free towing van for towing an eligible vehicle for at least three miles in any direction from point of disablement, or back to the responding facility. Please note that additional mileage charges will be at the member’s expense and will not exceed prevailing rates of the region. Towing shall be provided for light-duty trailers, excluding fifth wheel trailers, being towed at the time of disablement. However, the Club reserves the right of charging for towing the trailer.
- The vehicle will be extricated or winched when it can be safely reached from a normally traveled road or established thoroughfare.
- Charges for flatbed service requested by members, when not required by the AAA Towing Manual, may be passed on to the member. Note that flatbed service charges are not applicable if a flatbed is required due to accident damage or if it is the contractor’s primary service vehicle.
- Mobile battery service/jump starting and/or temporary adjustments.
- If the key that operates or provides access to the passenger compartment of the vehicle is lost, broken, or the service provider cannot gain entry, the Club shall provide locksmith service up to $50, or reimbursement of commercial locksmith service up to $50.
- Flat tire service including changing a flat tire when an inflated, serviceable spare is available.
- A limited supply of fuel will be delivered to a member’s disabled vehicle. This is to enable a member reach the nearest service station. Members may be charged up to the current pump price for the fuel.
Global Discount Program at AAA Insurance Auto
It will interest you to know that many mobility clubs around the world are active in AAA’s global discounts program. This means that they have partnerships throughout their countries where, as a member, you can obtain discounts such as attractions, hotels, retail locations, museums, and some restaurants.
Kindly note that you will be required to present a valid AAA membership in order to be eligible to receive services from mobility clubs in other countries. Click here for your AAA International Driving Permit.
AAA Contact Information
The phone number for AAA’s Emergency Road Service is 1-800-AAA-HELP (1-800-222-4357) within the U.S. or Canada only. Your service call will be routed to the appropriate territory based on where the call is coming from where you are located. You must have your current home club membership card with you at all times in order to obtain services from AAA.
Learn more and register with AAA Insurance Auto.
Apply for jobs in the United States.