Apply for a Senior Care Assistant Job in the UK | Join Care UK
A Senior Care Assistant is an experienced care worker who assists elders in all aspects of daily living such as meal preparation and feeding, medication, social activities, clothing, etc. Senior Care Assistants are need in the United Kingdom for urgent employment. Care UK Careers Company is looking qualified persons who can assist with daily activities and be providing residents with their required physical and emotional support, including personal care. Many Senior Care Assistants work as part of a care team at a hospital, assisted living facility, or similar institution.
Responsibilities of a Senior Care Assistant
If you are employed as a Senior Care Assistant, you will be responsible for the following:
- Smooth running of the shifts in the work our of other Care Assistant
- Assigning specific tasks to the Care Assistants and monitoring their completion
- Developing, reviewing and updating residents’ personal care plans to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs
- Helping old people with meal preparation, basic cleaning, and hygiene.
- Providing transportation to appointments and events
- Administering medication and assessing the health level of old people
- Providing companionship by recommending and accompanying old people to activities and social get-togethers.
Become a Clinical Lead Nurse in the UK.
To join the Care UK and be employed as a Senior Care Assistant, you have the following skills and qualifications as requirements:
- NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- At least one year’s experience in long term care, assisted living or healthcare
- Ability to manage a team and handle multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good judgement, problem solving and decision making skills
- Medication administration training or/and a willingness to undertake training if required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel).
Every Senior Care Assistant at Care UK enjoys the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Career pathways
- Long Service awards
- Cycle to work
- Free eye tests
- Pension Scheme
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Health Cash plans
- GEM awards
- Quality training to develop your skills
- Free uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts.
Job Title: Senior Care Assistant
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Role: Senior Carer / Head of Care / Team Leader
Salary: £11.30 to £11.55 per hour
Work Type: Full Time or Part Time
Location: Colchester , Essex
Company: Care UK Careers