Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence in Australia
Do you want to study at Deakin University? Here is an opportunity you must not miss. The Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence is a scholarship programme created for both undergraduate and postgraduate students in the university. It is designed for outstanding students who are dedicated to studies and show exceptional promise within and even beyond their academic achievements. This scholarship has a very limited number available and very competitive. Applicant’s success is determined by strong academic performance or excellence in extracurricular activities, arts, sports, community service or leadership.
Deakin University is a progressive, innovative and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria, Australia. The university is fully equipped with first class lecturers and facilities in all areas of study.
Application for the Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence is ongoing as at the time we are writing this article. The article is prepared to give you all the information you need about the scholarship. It covers among others what your benefits are, the eligibility criteria, the application instructions, application deadline and the link to the scholarship’s official website where you can properly make your application.
Deakin University, Australia.
Eligible Programmes for Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence in Australia
All undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered at Deakin University are eligible for the scholarship.
Australian and New Zealand citizens or nationals of other countries with Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa.
Number of Scholarships
See also RTP and International Postgraduate Research Scholarships at Deakin University.
The benefit varies depending on level or programme. Different study load rules apply to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Undergraduate beneficiaries are entitled to $5000 per year ($625 per credit point) paid as cash or towards student contributions (tuition fees), while
- Postgraduate beneficiaries are entitled to $10,000 per year ($1250 per credit point) paid as cash or towards student contributions (tuition fees), or a combination of both.
The scholarship is awarded for the normal full time duration of each beneficiary’s course of study. However, continued eligibility and benefit is subject to maintaining a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 65.
Eligibility Criteria for Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence in Australia
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be commencing or currently enrolled in a bachelor or honours degree in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP), or postgraduate by coursework degree (CSP or full fee)
- have been enrolled at Deakin University in Trimester 2 2022
- have been a bachelor or honours student enrolled full time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full time study, or a postgraduate student enrolled in at least two credit points
- be able to demonstrate achievement in one of the following:
- an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of at least 85
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM)/Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 80 in previous tertiary study
- leadership experience
- elite sports performance
- community service
- volunteer activities
- the Arts
- any other achievement.
Application for Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence is made online via the portal. During the application certain supporting documents are required to be uploaded. Ensure you upload all the supporting documents in their correct and approved formats. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type or format they will not be considered when assessing your application. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise. Quality not quantity.
The required supporting documents include:
- evidence of your previous WAM or GPA (if completed at another institution)
- evidence of any leadership activities or community service achievements
- evidence of any sporting or other achievements.
Your one application may serve for two scholarships. Therefore, select the ‘Deakin Funded Scholarships Program’ option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for the Deakin Scholarship for Excellence and the Deakin Student Support Scholarship in the selection process. This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chance of receiving a Deakin scholarship. Apply here.
14 July 2022 at 5pm.
DISCLAIMER: Applicants are advised to note that Scholars Guide is not a scholarship agency, and as such may not have any link with the scholarship provider(s). Here, we only advertise scholarships. Therefore, go to the scholarship official website above, read more about the scholarship and make your application.
Top ,.. I will save your website !
Excellent post. I certainly appreciate this website. Keep writing!