We are calling on qualified scholars to apply for University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships and join the University’s Faculty of Science. The University of Geneva Faculty of Science is a globally recognized leading institution with highly placed repute. The Faculty hosts three National Centres of Competence in Research of the highly competitive Swiss National Sciences Foundation (Chemical Biology; SwissMAP; Planets) including many other European research projects.
The Masters of the Faculty of Science constitute an ideal training base for an academic but also a professional development, opening on careers in industry, teaching, administration in sciences, communication and media among others. The Faculty of Science, with the support of external partners, has established an Excellence Fellowship Programme open to students of any university to support outstanding and highly motivated candidates who intend to pursue a Master of Science in any of the scientific disciplines covered by the Faculty. This fellowship is highly competitive and candidate selection is based on excellence.
University of Geneva in Switzerland.
Eligible Programs for the Excellence Master Fellowships
Master of Science degree in one of the scientific disciplines offered by the University of Geneva Faculty of Science. The disciplines include:
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Computer Science
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Earth Sciences and the Environment
Qualified students from any country of the world can apply for the fellowship.
Number of Awards
The Excellence Fellowship at University of Geneva consists of a grant ranging between CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000 per year.
This fellowship is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s program (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his or her first semester of studies.
Eligibility Requirements for the Excellence Master Fellowships
Regardless of your country of origin or residence or your home university, whether you have passed or still doing your bachelor degree program, and that you are one of the best in your year, this program is for you! To be eligible, you must meet the admission criteria of any Master’s program of your choice and be selected on the basis of the application file for an Excellence Fellowship.
For your application to be considered, you must fulfill the enrollment procedure as described on the Admission website. Your application must in include the following documents:
- A scan of your UNIGE card or if you are not yet a UNIGE student, the mail of the central administration named “Your application to UNIGE” (proof you have started the matriculation process)
- A scan of your national identity card or passport.
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with all grades.
- A motivation letter in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible, letters of references from two professors attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language test.
The application is made online on the official website (provided below). After registering, you will receive an e-mail containing a personal link allowing you to fill out the application form.
15 March 2023.