Your dream of studying in Australia is a few step closer to reality. The Fully Funded Australia Awards Scholarships are now open for applications by suitable scholars. The scholarships are long-term awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The government of Australia through this program is improving the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in accordance with bilateral and regional agreements. The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries.
Through the Australia Awards Scholarships, opportunities are provided for people from developing countries, especially those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
All participating Australian institutions.
Eligible programs for Australia Awards Scholarships
All undergraduate and postgraduate programs listed on the participating country’s profile and are related to your countries area of priority for development.
Nationals of the participating countries. They include ASEAN,
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste, Vietnam, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Palestinian.
Number of scholarships
The Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution.
The following benefits apply:
- Full tuition fees
- Establishment allowance, paid only once as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Return air travel–payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department
- Supplementary academic support is also available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)–a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)–provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which have a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees–if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
Eligibility requirements for the Fully Funded Australia Awards Scholarships
For to be eligible for Australia Awards Scholarships, you must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Be a citizen of a participating country and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from your country of citizenship
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live permanently Australia
- Not have any marital relationship with an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilization phases (note that residents of Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa ([subclass 500])
- Not be a current serving military personnel
- Not have previously received a long-term Australia Award unless you have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that you were in Australia
- Not have any criminal record including those relating to Child Protection and PSEAH
- Have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of you country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector)
- Be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa
- Not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lower than already achieved.
Application instructions for the Fully Funded Australia Awards Scholarships
Before you apply:
- Check the opening and closing dates for your country, and select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for specific information on eligibility, priority areas and how to apply.
- Read the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook. The handbook provides information including general eligibility requirements, selection processes, entitlements and responsibilities.
- Check if your country allows online registration or hard copy registration, or both.
If you are registering online:
- Go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS) for your online registration.
- Answer some questions to establish your eligibility.
- Upon your registration you will then be given a unique registration number, username and password.
If you are unable to register online, you can apply by mail. Check your participating country profile for contact details and obtain a hardcopy application form including any other templates such as referee reports (if applicable).
Scholarships applications deadline
Australia Awards Scholarships 2023 intake applications deadline is AEST 11:59 Friday 29 April 2022.
Scholarships official website
Prospective applicants are strongly advised to visit the scholarship’s official website above for their applications and more information about the Fully Funded Australia Awards Scholarships.
You may also apply for IOE-ISH Centenary International Master’s Scholarships.Category: SCHOLARSHIPS Tags: , Australia Awards Scholarships