Apply for the fully-funded Online Learning Mastercard Foundation Scholarship at University of Edinburgh for your online Masters degree programme if you are a graduate or you are in the final class of your final undergraduate studies. Gaining an Online Masters is an excellent way to earn a qualification which is equivalent to on-campus study, while at the same time continuing to work flexibly and live at home. Online Masters qualifications though the University of Edinburgh are fully equivalent to Masters degrees taught in the university’s campus.
This scholarship provides postgraduate online scholarships to students from low income countries who have great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities. It is a fully funded scholarship that will cover full tuition fees and a small study stipend to allow students access quality internet through out the study duration.
University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
Eligible Programmes for the Online Learning Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
The scholarship is available for students in the following programmes:
- MSc Social Justice and Community Action
- MSc International Development
- MSc One Health
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MSc Data Science, Technology and Innovation
- MSc Global Food Security and Nutrition
- MSc Digital Education
Students from the following African countries are eligible for the scholarship: Malawi, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Number of Scholarships
This is a fully funded scholarship that covers full tuition fees and stipends for quality internet access.
Up to 3 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
To be eligible for Online Learning Mastercard Foundation Scholarship at University of Edinburgh, you must:
- Be a citizen of any of the African countries listed above.
- Have qualified academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh for any of the eligible programmes listed above. You must have achieved the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelors (Hons) degree for you to so qualify.
- Not have completed a postgraduate degree previously and should not be enrolled at a separate university while on scholarship.
- Be a graduate or be about to graduate as a Mastercard Foundation Scholar in a Mastercard Foundation partner institution
- Demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community and former school/university.
- Demonstrate an awareness of online degrees, and be able to show how can approach the unique challenges and opportunities provided by online, part-time study.
- Be able to present economic circumstances which show you lack financial means to pursue higher education in your home country or elsewhere.
If you meet all the eligible criteria, kindly go to the official website for your application.
Scholarship Application Timeline
Application Information session: Jan 27 (5-6:00 PM GMT)
Applications open: Jan 31 (10:00AM GMT)
Applications close: March 14 (4:00PM GMT)
Notification of application results: Mid April
Interviews take place: April 18 – May 6
Final application decisions for shortlisted applicants: Mid May.
DISCLAIMER: Applicants are advised to note that Scholars Guide is not a scholarship agency, and as such may not have any link with the scholarship provider(s). Here, we only advertise scholarships. Therefore, go to the scholarship official website above, read more about the scholarship and make your application.
Other scholarships in the University of Edinburgh.