Application for Gate Cambridge Postgraduate Scholarship 2024/2025 academic session is now open. This opportunity is for prospective postgraduate scholars to enroll and study at the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
The Gates Cambridge Postgraduate Scholarship is part of the Gate Cambridge Scholarship programme established in October 2000 by an historic donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge. The first class of scholars came into residence in October 2001. Since then, the Trust has awarded over 2,000 scholarships to scholars from more than 100 countries across the world.
The competitive scholarship is targeted at excellent scholars from diverse backgrounds with each bringing something unique to the programme.
University of Cambridge, UK.
Level and Field of Study
Below are the eligible programmes:
- PhD (full-time or part-time*)
- MLitt (full-time)
- One year postgraduate course (full-time), with some exceptions
However, the following programmes are exempted from the scholarship:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MASt courses
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
Number of Awards
80 scholarships are awarded each year.
Each Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at the University of Cambridge including tuition fees, maintenance allowance (£20,000 for 12 months at the 2023-24 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars); one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course and inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge.
The scholarship also provides additional discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
For your application to be considered you must:
- Be a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Be applying to pursue: PhD (full-time or part-time*); MLitt (full-time); or one year postgraduate course (full-time) at the University of Cambridge (some courses are however exempted)
How to apply
Application for Gates Cambridge Postgraduate Scholarship is online. Applicants are required to submit their application for admission and funding via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
For a successful application, you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section. Gates Cambridge has access to the full application for admission and funding when reviewing applications. See full application procedure and further requirements on the official website provided below.
There are two Gates Cambridge application deadlines:
- 11 October 2023 (for US citizens resident in the USA) and
- Either 5 December 2023 or 4 January 2024 depending on the course (for all other eligible applicants
Category: SCHOLARSHIPS Tags: