Get Permanent Residence in Canada with Express Entry System | Live and work in Canada
The Express Entry Visa Program is an online visa application system that the Canadian Government uses to manage immigration applications from foreign skilled workers. This article is prepared to guide your application for Permanent Residence in Canada with Express Entry System.
There are basically three immigration programs managed through the Express Entry System. They are:
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
The three programs have their respective eligibility requirements explained on the official website (provided below). Note that if you are eligible for one of the above programs, you can as well apply through Express Entry for the Provincial Nominee Program and you are nominated, you will get extra points to quicken your invitation to apply for Permanent Residence in Canada with Express Entry System.
Application guidelines for Express Entry System
To apply for Express Entry, you must find out if you are eligible for any of the programs. This you can do by answering a few questions to see if you meet the minimum requirements and reading the detailed requirements for each program in the official website. There are steps to Express Entry application.
Step 1: Find out if you are eligible
You can find out your eligibility status by answering a few questions to see if you meet the minimum requirements and reading the detailed requirements for each program.
Get your Canadian Study Permit in 2022 and study in Canada.
Step 2: Check your score
You will be ranked in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) if you are eligible for one or more of the Express Entry programs and you have submitted your profile.
The Comprehensive Ranking System is a points-based system used for
- assessing and scoring your profile and
- ranking it in the Express Entry pool
For you to be invited, you need to have a score above the minimum points score for your round of invitations. You can use the Comprehensive Ranking System tool to estimate your score.
Step 3: Get your documents ready
The readiness of your required documents is part of your fitness for the application. Note that some documents take a long time to get, so you should get them ready early. The documents you should at your finger tips are
- police certificates
- medical exams
- proof of funds
- birth certificate
- use of a representative form (if you’ve hired a representative)
- common-law union form (if you’ve declared your marital status as “common-law”)
- marriage certificate (if you have declared your marital status as “married”)
- divorce certificate and legal separation agreement (if you have declared your marital status as “divorced”)
- death certificate (if you are a widow)
- adoption certificate (if your dependent child is listed as “adopted”)
Other documents are
- proof of relationship to a relative in Canada
- digital photos to confirm your identity
- other name to confirm aliases
- authority to release personal information to a designated individual form
- any other documents that you feel are relevant to your application
Kindly note that these later documents will only be submitted if they are in your personalized document checklist. Your application may not be rejected if you do not submit these later documents as they are only used to check if you meet the requirements of the program you are applying for. All these documents become necessary because Permanent Residence in Canada is almost like Canadian citizenship.
Canadian Work Permit and Visa Process.
Step 4: Fill out and submit your online Express Entry profile form
This is where you provide the necessary information about yourself and if you are eligible, you will be accepted into Express Entry pool of candidates and then be given your CRS score. Completing an online Express Entry profile or entering the pool does not guarantee that you will be invited to apply for permanent residence.
Step 5: Get an invitation and apply
An invitation will be sent to you to apply if you are among the candidates with highest scores in the pool. If you are so invited, you will have 60 days to submit your application.
Applications that have all supporting documents will be processed within 6 months or less.
There are three categories of application fees. They are:
- For your application: $1,325
- Include your spouse: $1,325
- Include a dependent child: $225
Start your application here!