Get your Canadian Study Permit in 2022 | Study in Canada
Do you want to travel to Canada for your studies? “YES” is your answer we guess. We are here to guide you through on how to get your Canadian Study Permit without hitches.
What is a Study Permit
A study permit is a document issued by a government of a country that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions in that country. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in other countries and Canada is no exception. Make sure you have all the required documents before you apply. We advise you for your Canadian Study Permit before traveling to Canada.
Please note that a study permit is not a visa. Therefore, it does not let you enter Canada without a traveling visa. You may also need a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization.
You can apply for a Canadian study permit if you:
- are enrolled at any Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
- are in good health and get a medical exam (if required)
- prove you have enough money to pay for
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada;
- your tuition fees; and
- return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires
- prove you can obey the law, and
- have no criminal record and get a police certificate (a police certificate may be required as a proof).
You are to have the following documents before applying for a Canadian work permit
- proof of acceptance
- proof of identity, and
- proof of financial support
You may as well be required to provide
- a letter of explanation
- a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)
- a custodian declaration (minors only), and
- other documents which may be requested during the application process.
Apply for your Canadian Work Permit and Visa.
Once you are eligible and you have all the required documents, you can apply online, whether you are outside of Canada or already in Canada. You can apply on paper if you have a problem applying online.
If you are applying online, you will need to answer certain questions to enable you get to the next stage of your application.
What happens after application?
After your application, if it is approved, you will get your study permit
- at the port of entry when you arrive in Canada or
- mailed to you, if you’re already in Canada.
If your application is rejected, you will be sent a letter explaining the reason behind the rejection.
Your study permit application will be rejected if you did not meet the eligibility requirements or or have all the required documents.
Lifespan of a study permit
A study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, and an extra 90 days. The extra 90 days is added to let you either
- prepare to leave Canada or
- apply to extend your stay
Note that the amount of time you can stay in Canada after you have completed your studies depends on whether
- you are taking prerequisite courses,
- you will finish your studies before your study permit expires, or
- your study permit will expire before you finish your studies.
Learn more and apply for your Canadian Study Permit via the official website at www.canada.ca/en/immigration/