Do you want to study in Belgium? Alright! This is for you. Applications for 2023 edition of the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships are now open. This scholarship programme was established courtesy of the Flemish Ministry of Education and Training which awards scholarships for master’s programmes in Flanders and Brussels to outstanding students from across the world. Interested scholars are required to apply to one of the Flemish host institutions that participates in the Master Mind Scholarship Programme.
The host institutions of the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships include:
- KU Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- AP University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- HOGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- KdG University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- LUCA School of Arts
- PXL University of Applied Sciences and Arts
Courses and Programmes for Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
All eligible Master’s Degree programmes offered at the participating universities except preparatory programmes; bridging programmes; or distance learning.
Apply for Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2023.
The scholarship programme is open for students from all the countries of the world. However, there are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries. For instance, 3 for Japan, 3 for Mexico, 2 for Palestine, and 5 for USA.
Number of Awards
A Master Mind Scholarship includes a grant of €9,600 + a tuition fee waiver per academic year (60 ECTS). Master Mind Scholarship holders only pay an administrative enrolment fee. The grant is paid in instalments and covers accommodation costs, insurances and a significant amount of their living expenses.
To be eligible, you must have:
- Applied to take up a master’s degree programme at a Flemish higher education institution
- Have a high standard of academic performance with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 out of 4.0
- A good knowledge of the English language
- Been nominated by only one Flemish higher education institution
To successfully apply for the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships, kindly follow the instructions below:
- The first to take towards your application for this scholarship is to check if you are eligible to apply and if the Flemish institution of your choice participates in the Master Mind Scholarships.
- If you are eligible for the scholarship, then submit your application to the host institution of your choice.
- The host institution starts the application procedure for the Master Mind Scholarship by creating your application file in the Mobility-Online application tool and after which you will receive an email generated by the Mobility-Online tool notifying you of being preselected for a Master Mind Scholarship.
- Register in the Mobility-Online tool and complete your application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline.
- Upload the following documents:
- Passport photograph
- International passport or national ID
- A Curriculum Vitae (including your American GPA out of 4.0 and if applicable your publications, academic awards, previous scholarships, etc.)
- Transcript of records; if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- English language test results or letter of exemption provided by the host university
Letter of motivation written in English.
- Two signed letters of recommendation from professors of your (previous) home university, university of applied sciences (and arts) or recent employer written in English.
- A copy of acquired diploma(s); if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
Please note that the host institution shall validate and submit the completed application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline of 28th April 2023 23h59 GMT+1. Applications validated and submitted after 28th April 2023 23h59 GMT+1 will not be accepted.
28th April 2023 23h59 GMT+1.
DISCLAIMER: Applicants are advised to note that Scholars Guide is not a scholarship agency, and as such may not have any link with the scholarship provider(s). Though we only advertise genuine and verified scholarship opportunities, we urge interested persons to kindly visit the scholarship official website above for more information and application as Scholars Guide will not be liable for damages and or benefits incurred while applying for the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships.