The University of Manchester is among the Britain’s most famous Russell Group universities, with a rich heritage tracing back to 1824. It is ranking 27th in the world and 6th in the UK, and currently the largest single-site university in the UK. In the Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings in 2021, the University of Manchester is ranked first due its story in the birth of the computer, the splitting of atom and the founding principles of modern economics.
GREAT scholarships are jointly funded by The University of Manchester with the UK government’s GREAT Britain campaign and the British Council.
All awards will be made on merit taking into account the University’s strategic PGT teaching priorities.
University of Manchester in UK.
Eligible programmes for GREAT Scholarships at Manchester University
Any Master’s degree courses in:
- School of Natural Sciences or School of Engineering.
- School of Arts, Languages and Cultures.
- School of Law.
India and Nigeria.
Number of scholarships
Selected candidates shall receive £10,000 towards their tuition fees for one-year master’s programmes.
You may also apply for UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarships in UK.
Eligibility criteria for GREAT Scholarships at Manchester University
For you to be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a passport holder of India or Nigeria.
- Have studied in India and Nigeria at all levels (school/college/ university) with the exception of students who completed their bachelor’s at The University of Manchester.
- Be applying for a one-year Master’s course/programme. If your course lasts longer than one year, the scholarships will be offered for the first year of study only.
- Be a relevant offer-holders from November 2021 for 2022/23 academic year.
Learn more about the eligibility criteria.
Applicants must complete their GREAT scholarship application forms by 1 June 2022. This will be emailed to all relevant offer-holders by the International Office.
You are required to explore the relevant country profiles for further guidance with regards to scholarship opportunities for your country.
Application deadline: 1 June 2022.
Notification of result: 17 June 2022.
Course starts: September 2022.
We strongly advise that potential applicants should visit the official website above for more information and their application for the GREAT Scholarships at Manchester University.
Category: SCHOLARSHIPS Tags: , GREAT Scholarships, University of Manchester