Holland Scholarship for Non-EEA Students 2023/24
Are you a national of a non European Economic Area country and want to study in the Netherlands? This is for you. The Holland Scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their Bachelor’s or Master’s in the Netherlands.
Sponsored by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as several Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences, the Holland Scholarship is not a full-tuition scholarship and only non-EEA students with outstanding academic records are enrolled.
The following universities play hosts to the Holland Scholarship:
- Leiden University
- Utrecht University
- University of Groningen
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Maastricht University
- VU Amsterdam
- Radboud University
- Tilburg University
- Delft University of Technology
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- University of Twente
- Wageningen University
- Protestant Theological University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
- Theological University
- Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of the Arts
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Driestar educatief
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie (pdf, 400 kB)
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Inholland University of Applied Sciences
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
Eligible Courses for Holland Scholarship
All Bachelor’s and Master’s Programme in eligible fields of study offered by the participating institutions.
Nationals of all the countries outside the European Economic Area are eligible for the scholarship.
Number of Awards
Related: Holland Government International Scholarship.
This is not a full-tuition scholarship. Each beneficiary is entitled to € 5,000 in the first year of study.
You are eligible for the Holland Scholarship if you:
- a citizen of a non-EEA country
- are applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s programme at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions
- meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice (check the website of the institution)
- do not have a degree from an education institution in the Netherlands.
Applications are made directly to the participating institution of your choice. Ensure you apply before the deadline. Kindly check the website of the institution of your choice to confirm her specific deadline.
The deadline for applications is either 1 February 2023 or 1 May 2023 depending on your institution of choice.