The rate at which foreigners get employed in Finland is quite low. As a result, foreigners face a lot of competitions in their quest for a limited number of job opportunities for them in the country. However, few of the foreigners who are usually lucky and are gainfully employed and instructions are given to ensure their duties are appropriately discharged.
It will interest you to know that Finland is rated as being the happiest country in the world. This, in addition to being a country with low crime and corruption rate, has given even the very few foreign workers in the country to always feel relaxed and work with comfort though with caution as working in the country as a foreigner is a very golden opportunity. This has been one of the reasons for the low number of immigrants and also its homogeneous workforce.
It is also necessary to include here that earlier before now, a high level sentiment was being held against immigrant in Finland but with the decreasing workforce population in the country, this sentiment has gradually become a trivial matter as foreigners are now being employed as long as they are qualified.
This article contains a list of profitable and most in demand jobs in Finland for foreigners. Job seekers are advised to attentively read below and apply for any of the jobs the suites their respective professions. Kindly read below.
List of Most in Demand Jobs in Finland for Foreigners
Certain jobs are highly in demand in Finland. Because of this high in demand, nationality sentiments are not placed on qualified prospective employees. These class of jobs are available for whoever is qualified irrespective of country of origin, color or anything else. They include but not limited to the following:
- Mobile Developers
- Web Designers
- UX Designers
- Project Managers
- Civil Engineers
- Software Engineer
- Hardware Engineers
- Data Scientists
- QA Engineers
- Account Managers
- Nursing Associate Professionals
- Product Managers
- Child Care Workers
- Health Care Assistants
How a Foreigner can get Jobs Easily in Finland
As a foreigner, there are certain things you need to do or know to enable you get employed easily in Finland.
- Majority of Finnish population speaks English. This means that for them to be more friendly with you, you must learn the language. You can easily be employed by an employer who does not find it difficult to understand your written and spoken words.
- Research on Finland work permit. You should what are required of you to work in the country. Check here.
- You need to know if your educational qualification is recognized in Finland. The recognition is a process whereby the government and the body in charge of industries and employment certify you to work in the country.
- Build a network and meet as many people as you can, especially those in your field. It is important to let you know that 70% to 80% of jobs in Finland are not advertised publicly. Therefore, for you to get any job, you are advised to meet people in your line of work who can update you on any available vacancy, either at their own company or anyone known to them.
- You may as well meet recruitment agencies. Most works are not advertised publicly in Finland because employers engage the services of recruitment agencies to help them find qualified personnel who can properly fit into their vacancies.
- Having a good work experience is an added advantage for you. Finnish employers are looking for experts who will not need much pre-work instructions. You can do this by engaging on some voluntary works, paid or unpaid internships, thesis work in a company or even a summer job to boost your CV and chances of getting your dream job.
See top 15 most in demand jobs in Canada.