Swansea University Music scholarship scheme is designed to support scholars develop their musical talents. The scholars are linked to partner with St Mary’s Church, Swansea. The music scholarships are funded jointly between the University, St Mary’s Church, and the Swansea St Mary’s Choral Trust (SSMCT).
Overall responsibility for the operation of the Music Scholarship scheme lies with Swansea University’s Director of Music (DoM), while decisions pertaining to the award, renewal and management of the St Mary’s Scholarships are to be made by agreement between the directors of music of Swansea University and St Mary’s Church.
Swansea University, Wales, UK.
Eligible programmes for Music Scholarships at Swansea University
Non-research undergraduate programmes offered at Swansea University.
Instrumental scholars are allowed to come with the following instruments:
- Saxophone (all types)
- French Horn
- Trombone (Tenor or Bass)
- Orchestral Percussion
- Double Bass
- Drum Kit
Citizens of any country can apply for the scholarship.
Number of scholarships
Learn how to write a good Scholarship Application Letter.
Selected candidates will be entitled to:
- Fifteen hours of individual tuition per year in their instrument or voice
- A bursary, intended to support their musical activities
- University Instrumental and Choral Scholars: £300 annually
- St Mary’s Choral and Organ Scholars: £650 annually (£150 from the University; £500 from SMC)
The scholarship is awarded on a yearly basis, and is renewable annually for the length of the scholar’s undergraduate degree, subject to
- satisfactory engagement in mandated activities.
- The scholar achieving a 2:1 average at each level, unless there are mitigating circumstances.
Eligibility criteria for Music Scholarships at Swansea University
For you to be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a full-time student at Swansea University enrolled on taught degree programme
- For instrumental scholarship, either have an active UCAS application to Swansea University, or be a currently enrolled student
- Have obtained a Merit or Distinction at Grade 8
- Not have been enrolled on a course lasting less than one academic year
- Not have been enrolled on a research degree
- Have a list of eligible instruments as given above
- Not have another music scholarship at the same time with the Swansea University Music Scholarship
- Not hold this scholarship concurrently with a sport scholarship
- Be able to supply your own instrument(s), unless agreed with the University at the time the scholarship is offered
- Read the Scholarship Regulations
- Fill the Application Form
- Two Referees are need and each must fill the Referee Form and send it to the University via firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about Music Scholarships at Swansea University on the official website.
DISCLAIMER: Applicants are advised to note that Scholars Guide is not a scholarship agency, and as such may not have any link with the scholarship provider(s). Here, we only advertise scholarships. Therefore, go to the scholarship official website above, read more about the scholarship and make your application.