Are you looking for an opportunity to study in the Netherlands? The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) is here for you. This programme aims to contribute to a society’s sustainable and inclusive development. The scholarship scheme is open to mid-career professionals in specific countries. The scholarships are funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs with increased focus on study programmes related to Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights and Security & the Rule of Law.
Dutch Universities that offer OKP qualified programmes and courses.
Eligible Programmes and Levels of Studies
Master’s Programmes on:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Security and Rule of Law
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Water Management
Nationals and residents of the following countries are eligible for the Orange Knowledge Programme:
Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, and Yemen.
An Orange Knowledge Programme scholarship is intended to supplement the salary that you should continue to receive during the scholarship period. The scholarship is however a contribution towards your costs of living and costs such as tuition fees, visa, travel, insurance etc. You have to cover any difference between the Orange Knowledge Programme scholarship amount and the actual costs yourself.
To be considered for the OKP scholarship, you must:
- Be living and working in an OKP country (listed above)
- Be proficient in English or French
- Be working in one of the priority areas for their country
- Stay motivated using and transferring your knowledge and experience in your employing organisation after your studies
- Agree to the Obligations and conditions
Applications for Orange Knowledge Programme scholarships are online on the official website (below). Kindly take the following steps for a successful application.
- Check if your application falls within the OKP focus areas for your country
- Make sure you meet the OKP eligibility criteria
- Find a course on the OKP course list
- Ask your employer whether they are willing to nominate you for an OKP scholarship
- Contact the Dutch education institution of your choice to receive more information about the application procedure, the academic requirements and the application link
- Get the following documents ready: employer statement, motivation, passport, government statement (if required)
- During an application round, submit your application online using the link you receive from the Dutch education institution
The application timeline is different for each round.
Submission of applications for Round 1 is between 8 February and 30 March 16.00 CET for courses starting between 24 July 2023 and 31 January 2024. While submission applications for Round 2 is between 28 June and 5 September 16.00 CET for courses starting after 1 February 2024.
Note that results of applications are announced 3 to 4 months after application and the Dutch education institution through which you applied for the scholarship will contact you on the results of your application. The selection procedure include:
- Candidates register with their Dutch education institution
- Dutch institution nominates candidates and submits grant application
- Embassies check eligibility and assess applications
- Selection results available for Dutch education institutions
- Grants awarded through Dutch education institutions
DISCLAIMER: Applicants are advised to note that Scholars Guide is not a scholarship agency, and as such may not have any link with the scholarship provider(s). Though we only advertise genuine and verified scholarship opportunities, we urge interested persons to kindly visit the scholarship official website above for more information and application as Scholars Guide will not be liable for damages and or benefits incurred while applying for the Orange Knowledge Programme.
Check other scholarships in the Netherlands.Category: SCHOLARSHIPS Tags: