Rhodes Scholarship at University of Oxford | Apply Now
The Rhodes Scholarship is an international postgraduate award for students to study at the University of Oxford. It was first awarded in 1902 making it the oldest international scholarship programmes, enabling outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. The scholarship allows eligible candidates from allover the world to apply for a Scholarship, subject to nomination from a recognized institution. It is considered among the most prestigious international scholarship programmes in the world.
In addition to nomination from a recognized institution, your eligibility as a candidate for the Rhodes Scholarship must also be confirmed by a member of the Rhodes House team. This will be done through the application form but you will only be able to submit once you have received approval.
This article provides the best guide for your application. It explains all you need to know about Rhodes Scholarships at University of Oxford. The eligible programmes for the scholarship, the benefits, eligibility criteria, application instructions, the deadline and application link are all covered herein. Read carefully before applying for the scholarship.
Oxford University, United Kingdom.
Eligible Ptrogrammes for Rhodes Scholarship at University of Oxford
All full-time postgraduate degree programmes offered at the University of Oxford.
Students from all countries of the world can apply for the scholarship.
Number of Scholarships
2 scholarships are to be awarded.
You may also apply for Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence in Australia.
A selected candidate for the Rhodes Scholarship is entitled to the following benefits:
- Full tuition fees
- Living stipend
- Settling in allowance
- Health insurance
- Visa and two economy class flights – to and from the UK for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
The basic duration of the scholarship is two years, subject always, and at all times, to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct during the first year of study.
Eligibility Criteria for Rhodes Global Scholarship
For you to be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be nominated by a recognized institution of higher learning
- Not be eligible for any other Rhodes Scholarships Constituency
- Be at least 18 and have not reached your 24th birthday by 1 October 2022 (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1998 and on or before 1 October 2004)
- Have not reached your 27th birthday by 1 October 2022 if you are an older candidate and completed your first undergraduate degree later than usual (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1995) and you have met or will meet the academic requirements for completing your first undergraduate degree on or after 1 October 2021
- Have already completed, or will complete by July 2023, an undergraduate degree (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with an academic background and grade that, at a minimum, meets or exceeds the specific entry requirements of your chosen full-time course at the University of Oxford
- Meet the English language proficiency requirements of the University of Oxford
- If unsuccessful in your first application to the Rhodes Scholarships, subsequently re-apply only once more in the same constituency, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
If you are eligible for the Rhodes Scholarship at University of Oxford, kindly follow the application instructions.
Applications are made online via the portal. To submit your application, you must first obtain a letter of nomination from your university or college. Kindly note that you cannot nominate yourself. You are required to register the details of an appropriate nominator while filling your application form. You can only be able to submit your application once nominators have submitted their nominations.
23:59 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), 1 August 2022.
DISCLAIMER: Applicants are advised to note that Scholars Guide is not a scholarship agency, and as such may not have any link with the scholarship provider(s). Here, we only advertise scholarships. Therefore, go to the scholarship official website above, read more about the scholarship and make your application.
See other UK Scholarships.