The Rotary Foundation Scholarship for International Students is a program sponsored by the foundation through the Rotary Global Grants. The program offers scholarship funding for students of selected countries. The scholarship funds are for graduate-level coursework or research for one to four academic years.
Founded in 1917, the Rotary Foundation is a non-profit corporation that supports the efforts of Rotary International to achieve world understanding and peace through international humanitarian, educational, and cultural exchange programs. The foundation is supported solely by voluntary contributions from its members and lovers of humanity.
We prepared this article to assist you with all you need to know about the scholarship grant and its application guidelines. Read below.
All approved Universities located in any country where there is a host Rotary club or district. It must be outside of the applicant’s home country.
Eligible Programs for Rotary Foundation Scholarship for International Students
The grant is for students taking their graduate-level coursework or research in one of Rotary’s six areas of focus:
- Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Water and sanitation
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy
- Economic and community development.
All countries that have Rotary Club or District.
Number of Scholarships to be awarded
Rotary Foundation scholarship grant covers the minimum amount of $30,000 which can fund the following:
- Passport/visa, Inoculations,
- Travel expenses (as specified in the grant terms and conditions),
- School supplies,
- Room and board,
- Household supplies, and
- Language training courses (but not if university admission is contingent on improvement of language skills).
Personal and miscellaneous expenses are not covered by this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for Rotary Foundation Scholarship for International Student
The eligibility criteria for this grant consist of what your project must be like and what you as a person must fulfil. For example, your project must:
- Have a long-term, sustainable impact
- Include activities that align with the goals of one of Rotary’s areas of focus
- Have a minimum budget of $30,000
- Address an important need identified by the community
- Strengthen the community’s capacity to address its own needs
Then, you as a person must:
- Qualify your club or district for global grants every year
- Actively involve the benefiting community in the project
- Partner with a club in another country
- Act as primary sponsor of no more than 10 active global grants at a time
- Develop a project plan that includes a budget and a financial management plan
- Apply for a grant through the Grant Center
- Stay up-to-date in reporting for all active grants
- For humanitarian projects and those that involve vocational training teams
- Conduct a community assessment before applying and include the results in your application
- Measure progress toward the outcome
However, if your project does not fit the criteria listed above it may be eligible for a district grant or other funding options. Kindly contact your district leaders for more information.
Interested and eligible applicants can contact their local Rotary clubs through the Rotary Club Locator to inquire on how to be sponsored for the grant.
Kindly note that applications for global grant are submitted online. The sponsor clubs or districts create the initial application, and the scholar candidate then completes the online scholar profile on the application portal.
Read more about the scholarship grant on the official website provided below and make your application.
Rotary Foundation Global Grant Scholarship applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year but applications are required to be submitted at least three months before the scholar’s intended departure date to allow adequate time for the Foundation to review and process the application.
Each Rotary Club/District has its own specific timeline.
DISCLAIMER: Applicants are advised to note that Scholars Guide is not a scholarship agency, and as such may not have any link with the scholarship provider(s). Here, we only advertise scholarships. Therefore, go to the scholarship official website above, read more about the scholarship and make your application.