Victoria University of Wellington created the Tongarewa International Scholarships to celebrate her commitment to the welfare of her international student community each year. The Tongarewa International Scholarships at Victoria University of Wellington is a partial fee-based scholarship that goes towards tuition fees for one year of either undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree programme at the university.
The scholarship is awarded competitively on the basis of academic excellence. Candidates apply to study in the year following application. Selected candidates are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of the university’s Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by University Accommodation Wellington by their deadline.
Victoria University of Wellington.
Eligible programmes for Tongarewa International Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington
Bachelors degrees, Masters by Research degrees, or Masters by Coursework degrees in any subject offered at the university.
Eligible group for the scholarship
The scholarship is open for international students from all over the world.
Number of scholarships
Up to 10 scholarships of NZ$10,000 will be available to both undergraduate and postgraduate recipients and up to 9 scholarships of NZ$5,000 will be available to postgraduate recipients only.
As said above, some undergraduate and postgraduate recipients will be awarded NZ$10,000 while other postgraduate recipients will be awarded NZ$5,000. All the awards will be credited to tuition fees after the final withdrawal date for the courses of the trimester the recipient(s) have been awarded for (roughly two weeks in to the trimester).
In addition to the financial benefits of this scholarship, recipients are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of the university’s Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by University Accommodation Wellington by their deadline.
For you to be eligible, you must:
- be an international student who is paying full international fees
- be entering your first year of your undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree programme
You are not eligible if you:
- have completed your secondary education at a New Zealand school
- have completed the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) or Foundation Studies Programme
- are a Study Abroad or Twinning student from one of Tongarewa Scholarship overseas partner universities
- are in your second year of study in the same degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Apply online for a Tongarewa Scholarship for Trimester 2, 2022; or
- Apply online for a Tongarewa Scholarship for Trimester 3, 2022
- Attach the following documents to your online application form:
- a personal statement of up to 500 words outlining why you wish to study at Victoria University of Wellington, your academic goals and why you merit the scholarship, including any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community
- full transcripts and other documentation relevant to the qualification type
- an offer of place from Victoria University of Wellington (conditional or unconditional).
- Application deadline for Tongarewa Scholarship for Trimester 2, 2022 is 1 June, 2022 while application for Tongarewa International Scholarship for Trimester 3, 2022 ends by 1 September, 2022.
Kindly visit the official website at www.wgtn.ac.nz/scholarships for more information about Tongarewa International Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington.
DISCLAIMER: Applicants are advised to note that Scholars Guide is not a scholarship agency, and as such may not have any link with the scholarship provider(s). Here, we only advertise scholarships. Therefore, go to the scholarship official website above, read more about the scholarship and make your application.