Are you a Data Entry Specialist? If yes, this is for you. Next Oncology, Texas, USA is seriously in need of Data Specialists.
Applications are ongoing for the office of a Data Entry Specialist under the direction and supervision of the Director of Data Management. A Data Entry Officer is responsible for performing all data entry functions as they relate to the completion of case report forms, by entering study data collected by the research team into the Electronic Data Capture (EDC) system. He will also resolve all data queries. The position works closely with the research coordinators in support of all ongoing clinical studies within and outside Next Oncology.
Principal duties and functions of a Data Entry Specialist
A Data Entry Specialist in Next Oncology has the following principal duties and functions:
- Overseeing and managing the data entry from the source document to the Case Report Form (CRF)
- He coordinates and schedules monitors visits.
- Meet with sponsor/monitors to review data entry.
- Timely resolution of data queries promptly to insure completeness of Case Report Forms (CRFs).
- Complying with all applicable regulations, guidelines and procedures relating to data loading, EDC and clinical research
- Maintaining professional demeanor with sponsors, monitors and auditors.
- Identification of lab facilities used for studies so that lab certifications can be requested for study files.
- Assuring that data entry remains current for all studies per SOP.
- Reviewing patient records for completeness and accuracy
- Reviewing and utilizing protocols as guides for study activities.
- Communicating as needed with accounts receivable staff regarding submitted data.
- Attending meetings and briefings regarding clinical studies as required.
- Assisting in the guidance and training of less experienced staff.
- Providing support and information to monitors as necessary and as directed by supervisor(s).
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude with the research team.
- Remaining current with all required training.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifying knowledge and skills for the job
To be employed as Data Entry Specialist by Next Oncology, you must:
- Have working knowledge of clinical research Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with research personnel.
- Have knowledge of medical terminologies, that medical words register.
- Know much, if not everything, about ICH GCP, FDA, OHRP, OSHA and HIPAA guidelines pertaining to clinical research.
- Have excellent organizational skills to independently manage work flow in the system.
- Have ability to prioritize quickly and appropriately with minimal guidance.
- Have ability to multi-task.
- Have ability to work independently and function as part of a team in the system.
- Have ability to react calmly in emergent situations.
- Have clear and concise verbal and written communications.
This a full-time job with 8:00AM – 5:00PM shifting. The working days are Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. The salary is between $40,000 – $65,000.