York University Scholarships for Undergraduates
York University is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Abbreviated as YU, the university is Canada’s fourth-largest university, and it has approximately 55,700 students, 7,000 faculty and staff, and over 325,000 alumni spread across the globe. The York University Scholarships for Undergraduates is a scholarship scheme offered by the university to potential Global Leaders of Tomorrow who would like to take a full-time undergraduate degree at University of York.
York University in Ontario, Canada.
Eligible Courses and Programmes for York University Scholarships
All undergraduate degree programmes offered at the university under the following faculties:
- Performance & Design
- Environmental Studies
- Education; Glendon
- Lassonde School of Engineering
- Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Schulich School of Business
Students from any country of the world can apply.
You may also like Lund University Global Scholarship 2023/24.
Successful candidates shall receive their entitlements according to the category of their awards.
President’s International Scholarship of Excellence: $180,000 ($45,000 x 4 years)
Tentanda Via Award: $120,000 ($30,000 x 4 years)
Global Leader of Tomorrow Award: $80,000 ($20,000 x 4 years)
Note that all the awards listed above are renewable for three years of full-time undergraduate study, provided that high academic standing is maintained in each academic year.
To be considered eligible for the York University Scholarships, you must:
- Be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2023
- Have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies (not applicable to Tentanda Via Award)
- Have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
- Have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
- Upload one letter of recommendation or other supporting documents as applicable
- Ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application (MyFile), by 1 February 2023 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
- Complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship Application by 1 February 2023 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
For a successful application, an applicant must complete the York University Scholarship & Award Application form online. A 9-digit York reference number is required, which will be received within 5 business days proceeding the application to YU. The application must be submitted to York by 15 January 2023 at the latest.
1 February 2023.