Applications for admission into undergraduate program in Oxford University are now open. The admission into the university is a preparatory ground for applications for Reach Oxford Scholarships. Undergraduate students from developing countries who want to study at the Oxford University in the United Kingdom can apply for this scholarship and get full grant for their undergraduate studies at the university. The scholarships are offered to students from low-income countries who, for political or financial reasons, or for lack of suitable educational facilities, cannot study for a degree in their various countries.
Students who are applying for the Reach Oxford Scholarships should note that they must apply for admission to study at the University before applying for this scholarship. This is because the university cannot consider any scholarship application from student who has not been offered a place admission at the Oxford University.
Oxford University, UK.
Nationality of Applicants
Applicants for the Reach Oxford Scholarships must be nationals of countries who receive official development assistance from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). The countries include: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Democratic People’s Republic, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Federated States, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, North Macedonia, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Eligible Courses for Reach Oxford Scholarships
Eligible courses for the scholarships are:
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy
- Earth Sciences (Geology)
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- Foundation Year (Chemistry, Engineering and Materials Science)
- Foundation Year (Humanities)
- Foundation Year (Law)
- Foundation Year (PPE)
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and English
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Human Sciences
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Materials Science
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Oriental Studies
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Religion and Oriental Studies
- Theology and Religion
Number of Scholarships
2-3 Reach Oxford Scholarships are awarded each year.
The scholarship covers course fees, a grant for living costs and one return air fare per year for the entire scholarship duration.
3 or 4 years depending on course duration.
Eligibility Requirements for Reach Oxford Scholarships
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Be a national of any of the eligible countries (listed above)
- Have been admitted to study in the University of Oxford
- Be of high academic ability
- Have financial need, social commitment and lack of ability to study for a degree in your own country
- Be intending to return to your country after your study duration
Students who have not studied at undergraduate level before are given more priority.
- You must first make an application to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS by 15 October 2022, and be successful in gaining a place.
- Details on how to apply for a scholarship for 2023 entry will be made available on this page in January 2023.
- For 2023 entry applicants who apply by the 8 February 2023 scholarship deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in March 2023.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in April 2023