The Knight Hennessy Scholarship is an international graduate-level scholarship program aimed at assisting international scholars to study any course at Stanford University. Established in 2016, the Knight Hennessy Scholarship program prepares students to take leadership roles in finding creative solutions to complex global challenges.
Scholars, through this program, are expected to broaden their knowledge, develop their skills, and strengthen their character as a result of community experiences, workshops, meetings with leaders, domestic and global study trips, and personal development opportunities they will be exposed to.
A new cohort of scholars from across the globe and disciplines joins each year. With the coming together of these scholars from different backgrounds, races, nationalities and disciplines, they learn together, collaborate on impactful projects, and develop lifelong friendships with the objective of finding long-lasting global unity. Knight Hennessy scholars are visionary thinkers who are curious, open-minded, analytical, eager for cross-cultural perspective, and genuinely excited to boldly and creatively address our world’s crucial challenges.
Apply for Chevening Scholarships for International Students 2022/2023.
Knight Hennessy scholars are courageous leaders who are ethical, decisive, resilient, driven to achieve meaningful results, and motivated to inspire others to effect positive global change. They are collaborative community members who are humble, empathetic, trustworthy, oriented to act in service of others, and deeply passionate about contributing to the greater good of the world at large.
Here we bring you all the necessary things you need to know about the Knight Hennessy Scholarship and the application process.
Stanford University, USA.
Eligible Study Programs for the Knight Hennessy Scholarship
Full-time masters and Doctoral programs in any subject offered at Stanford University. The programs include but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD programs.
Number of Awards
Throughout the duration of study, a Knight Hennessy scholar shall receive:
- full tuition and associated fees
- stipends for living and academic expenses
- travel grant intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford.
Additional funding that are specific to certain years include:
- a one-time relocation stipend intended to offset some of the costs associated with relocation to the area and/or technology purchases for newly enrolled students
- supplemental funds to support academic enrichment activities available for second and third year scholars.
Fore you to be eligible for the Knight Hennessy Scholarship at Stanford University, you must:
- Have applied to be enrolled in any of the eligible programs (which include but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD programs)
- Have earned, in January 2016 or later, a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college or university of recognized standing
- Meet at least one of the following conditions, that is if you:
- are applying separately but concurrently to KHS and a full-time Stanford graduate degree program such that you will start both in the same year
- have already been offered and deferred admission to a full-time Stanford graduate degree program, and will apply to KHS such that you will start both in the same year
- are a current Stanford graduate student who will apply to add a second full-time Stanford graduate degree program, such that you will start both KHS and the new program in the same year
- are a current Stanford PhD student in your first year of enrollment, and will apply to KHS such that you will start KHS in your second year of PhD enrollment.
Applications for the Knight Hennessy Scholarship are made online via the official website (provided below). You are to apply separately and concurrently to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to your Stanford graduate degree program. Also ensure that you apply before the application deadline.
The deadline for the Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program is 12 October 2022 (1:00 pm Pacific Time) while the deadline for applications to Stanford graduate degree program varies by program. Kindly check for the deadline for your preferred program.
DISCLAIMER: Applicants are advised to note that Scholars Guide is not a scholarship agency, and as such may not have any link with the scholarship provider(s). Here, we only advertise scholarships. Therefore, go to the scholarship official website above, read more about the scholarship and make your application.