Being a truck driver has in recent time become the dream of many across the globe especially in Canada. Driver job is a hot cake in Canada and people are struggling to take advantage of the profitable nature of the job. Those already in Canada are interested and those outside Canada are interested too.
A lot of persons outside Canada who are dreaming to one day become truck drivers in the country have mostly a common limitation which limitation is nothing but visa application. Do to certain factors, finance and others, this set of people find it difficult to secure Canadian visa and get their dream jobs. If you fall within this class of persons, do not be worried, this piece is for you. We are here to guide you on how you can apply for truck driver jobs in Canada for foreigners even with visa sponsorship.
Alright, do you know that some companies in Canada are seriously in need of professional truck drivers to the extent that they are even willing to sponsor the visa cost of any qualified applicant? This is serious! In Canada, truck drivers are seen and treated as assets. In fact, they are assets. They are paid hourly and their salaries are $20 and above per hour.
To be employed as a truck driver in Canada, you must have:
- At least your secondary school certificate
- Completed your driver training course in any accredited Driving School
- A Class 3 or D licence (for you to drive straight-body trucks)
- A Class 1 or A licence (for you to drive long combination vehicles)
- Air brake endorsement to enable you operate vehicles equipped with air brakes
- Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) certification (if you are applying to transport hazardous products or dangerous goods)
- Other additional licensing endorsement required for driving articulated trucks.
Responsibilities of a Truck Driver
As a truck driver, your responsibilities include:
- Operating and driving tractor-trailor, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long or short distances depending on destination
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Performance of pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
- Ensuring that cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting certain goods
- Obtaining special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Taking records of cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- When needed, driving of special purpose trucks such as tow trucks, dump trucks, hydrovac trucks or cement mixing trucks
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
- Performance of emergency roadside repairs where and when necessary
Having known the basic things about the truck driver jobs in Canada for foreigners, there is no need delaying. Start your application today via any Canadian job website. Learn how to apply for Canadian visa here. You may even apply through Express Entry System.
Category: JOBS Tags: