Womenswear Designer Job at Off-White in Italy

Womenswear Designer Job at Off-White in Italy

Are you a professional fashion designer? Are you good in designing latest womenswear styles and you are looking for womenswear designer job? If “YES” is your answer, this is for you! Womenswear designer job is currently available at Off-White fashion company. Designers with not less than 4 years experience are needed for immediate employment.

About Off-White

Off-White is an Italian luxury fashion label founded by American designer Virgil Abloh. The company was first founded as “PYREX VISION” and incorporated it in the Italian city of Milan in 2012. It was later rebranded as Off-White in 2013, which the founder, Virgil Abloh described as “the grey area between black and white as the color off-white” to the fashion world. Off-White, in recent years, has shown collections at Paris Fashion Week shows, and is sold in retail stores in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Milan, London, United Kingdom and New York.

Off-White has collaborated with other top brands and designers such as Nike, Levi, Ikea, Moncler, Browns, Rimowa, Jimmy Choo, Warby Parker, SSENSE, Sunglass Hut, Champion, Evian, Converse, Dr. Martens, Barneys New York, Umbro, Heron Preston, ASAP Rocky, Byredo, Boys Noize, Le Bon Marché, Timberland, Takashi Murakami, Asspizza and Kerwin Frost.

It will interest you to know that in July 2021, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton announced that it would be taking a 60% stake in Off-White, with founder Virgil Abloh, at the time the creative director of menswear for Louis Vuitton, retaining the remaining 40%.

The company is currently looking for Womenswear Designers to join its style offices in Milan. If employed you will work closely with the Head Designer and Design team and create womenswear pieces that creatively reflect the brand identity, and manage the entire creative process from design, development to final product.

Responsibilities of a Womenswear Designer at Off-White

If employed as Womenswear Designer at Off-White fashion company, you will be saddled with the following responsibilities:

  1. Carrying out researches on trending materials and create mood boards to develop inspiration for the creation of the womenswear collection
  2. Hand drawing of sketches of apparel pieces
  3. Production of technical drawings
  4. Lead fittings and support in fashion shows and presentations
  5. Overseeing day to day follow up with cross functional teams to ensure deadlines are honoured.

Requirements

For you to be employed, you must:

  • Have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role in the fashion luxury industry (previous experience in a streetwear brand is an added advantage)
  • Have Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design
  • Be excellent in free hand drawing skills
  • Be excellent in the use and knowledge of Adobe Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign)
  • Be highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and keep to strict deadlines
  • Have the ability to work well under pressure
  • Be fluent in English both written and spoken (this will be tested during interview).

Job Benefits

If you are employed as a Womenswear Designer at Off-White, you are bound to enjoy the following benefits:

  • Great compensation package (this is in consideration of your professional experience)
  • Lunch tickets
  • Discounts on all NGG brands and partners including FARFETCH and Browns
  • You will be part of a young, dynamic and creative company with over 40 different nationalities across the globe
  • You will be in the brand new headquarters located in the centre of Milan.

Visit Off-White.

Related: Current Top Fashion Jobs in Italy.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.